12 Oct Blood Orange and Smoked Salmon Salad with Ginger Soy Dressing
I put this salad together as Charlie happily played on his bouncing chair. This is my first post since July 2017 and definitely my first post since Charlie’s born. Let’s see if I can get through to the end before he wakes up from his nap!
I love smoked salmon, especially when paired with a citrus. I saw some blood orange yesterday which inspired me this spring lunch.
- 12-15 edamame pods or 1/2 cup of shelled edamame beans
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of rocket leaves
- 1 blood orange
- 5 slices of smoked salmon
- black pepper
- dill – optional
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- juice of half lemon
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a small saucepan, boil and cook edamame beans for 5 minutes. If you are using the pods, remove beans from the pods once cooked, drain and let cool
- Using the same saucepan, boil the egg to your preferred hardness. I boiled the egg for 3 minutes, turned off the stove then let it keep cooking in hot water for another 5 minutes so the yolk is still runny inside.
- Grate the zest of the blood orange and save for the dressing. Cut the blood orange into wedges and use a bowl to catch the juice for the dressing while cutting it. My blood orange was very juicy!
- To make the dressing, mix all ingredients together as well as blood orange zest and juice.
- On a plate, spread out the rocket leaves, arrange smoked salmon and edamame beans. Crack the egg and place in the middle.
- Drizzle dressing and crack pepper on top.
- Garnish with dill.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Charlie did interrupt…